Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Green Eyed Monster


I hope you do not think less of me...gotta keep it honest...

Let me tell you, Facebook is great when you are flying high, but not so good when you are low. I find it mostly gives you a very one sided snap shot of a "friends" life. They should call it Bragbook. ;) Google, Zillow and Linkedin are not much better.  It is for this reason that I TRY to stay off the computer, but I am SO darn nosy!

So, how do you define success? 

I am in my 30's.  I have friends with 6 children.  I have friends that are having their first child.  I have more than one child. I have friends who have yet to marry or are on a second marriage. 
Is it about money? 

 
 Is it beauty?  Is it about looking 20 when you are over 30?  Looking 70 when you are 90?  I feel like I look about 47... ;)

Is it about weight?  I have to admit, I find it VERY hard to be happy for certain people and their weight loss.  But only certain people...not you! ;)

I hate when I get in this mood.  I KNOW I am blessed. 
 I need to start counting my own blessings, instead of counting others....and then getting jealous.

The Green Eyed Monster...

It does not happen every single day...more like 4 times a year.  I KNOW what really matters. 

I love a line in the movie, The Family Man.

"Don't you see? I'm talking about us finally having a life...that other people envy."

"Oh, Jack.  They already do envy us."


I can't say I am all that materialistic or vain...but every once in a while....

We all have different lives with different roads traveled.  I love my life and family.  But, every once in a while, I "find out" things, via the internet, and I start comparing (without true knowledge of the other person's life.)
 Now, don't get me wrong, I wish no ill will to those and their blessings.  But, before I judge someone as "perfect" or getting everything "I want",  I need to step back. Nothing is perfect.  But, I do need to pray that I am not jealous when good things happen to people...even people who I think do not deserve it...Wow, I really need to pray.

So, what are your thoughts?????  I REALLY want to know!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same way- I often get a little green after reading everyones sugar-coated facebook status updates. Very rarely do people post "My jeans don't button, I bounced a check, my kids drive me crazy and I'm debt up to my ears" ...even though thats likely how many feel. Its difficult to be content with what you have, we live in a "more, more, more!" society. But those who seem to have perfect lives, are probably the unhappiest.

    ReplyDelete